There are many things to consider when refinishing a basement. Even before you design the layout you must consider certain key issues:
- Do you have water issues in your basement?
- Do you need a vapor barrier installed?
- What insulation do you want to use in the walls?
- What type of flooring do you want to install? (You will most likely be installing it over a cement slab)
- What type of ceiling do you want? (Usually drop ceilings are used to hide electrical and plumbing lines.) Keep in mind this will take away from the space of the room.
- What type of lighting do you want? (Recessed lighting would work best with a drop ceiling due to space issues)
- Do you want your basement heated?
Once you have the answers to those questions you can start designing your lay out. There are a few more questions you must answer and then we start measuring!
- Do you want rooms or an open space?
- Do you want a kitchen or bathroom installed?
- What are the key features you would like to have in your new basement?
Now you are ready to create your “look” by putting together your inventory list.
- Wall color
- Floor type/color
- Appliances and cabinetry for a kitchen (if needed)
- Bathroom toilet, shower, vanity (if needed)
We will then asses the work that needs to be done and devise a plan for completion. We are dedicated to giving you quality work in an adequate time frame.